If you want to use OpenSSL then you might be interesting in trying out my proposed update to the Indy components. This is to support the latest versions of OpenSSL and can be downloaded from:

https://github.com/MWASoftware/Indy.proposedUpdate

There is a test case in Test/OpenSSL/openssl-server which is based on the use of the Indy http server and OpenSSL which includes a test case where a client certificate must be validated by the server. This appears to work on both Linux and Windows and hopefully other platforms.