I created a customui.cfg file and put it in the fminit\configui folder
and it works perfectly. The only caveat, as I noted in a different
email, is that cursor navigation apparently no longer works in regular
text.

Bruce Foster's ImpGraph plugin did what you wanted, but with his death
it is, as far as I know, no longer available. Maybe someone has a copy
they'd be willing to give you.