I remember FM in 1999 and also 1989!

It's not likely that Adobe will find and fix this longtime issue soon. But
if you haven't reported it to the bug site, and discussed it with tech
support, it's worth a try.

A kludgy workaround might be to create a Windows/DOS batch file that
launches FM and starts a timer that pops a periodic on-screen reminder to
save and close all open FM files, then exits and restarts FM. A second
batch file could be made to copy the current project to a backup location,
perhaps by invoking one of the FM archiving utilities.

Surely some folks on this forum could help write the few lines of code it
would take. I haven't written a batch file since the last century. Even
then, my best ones were created by a colleague who implemented my
pseudo-code for our project.

HTH