Hello Frameworkers,
here's a job that might be of interest

As you know the Media School faculty at Indiana University has initiated a
search for a Director to lead our BFA in Cinematic Arts. I wanted to reach out
to you all for help with bolstering the pool of promising candidates to lead
our new degree program. The position is Director, BFA in Cinematic Arts, at the
Media School. Application deadline is October 15, 2021. The job posting is
here: https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/11170

This is an Open Rank position; thus, I ask for your assistance in passing along
this information to your network of academics, alumni or industry professionals
that might have interest in leading our Cinematic Arts degree program, now in
its very first year. I'm happy to address any questions or concerns from
potential applicants in my role as Search Chair -- cerpe...@iu.edu .

Below are relevant links with information on our degrees and a summer
pre-college program that could be of interest to potential candidates. I have
also included below the meat of the job posting for your reference in
identifying individuals and for sharing with any potential candidates.

BFA Degree Page

https://mediaschool.indiana.edu/academics/undergraduate/bfa-cinema/index.html

BA Media: Film, TV, and Digital Production Page

https://mediaschool.indiana.edu/academics/undergraduate/ba-media/production.html

Cinema Academy

https://cinemaacademy.mediaschool.indiana.edu/

Again, I do hope you all enjoyed a wonderful summer! I wish you all a great,
healthy, and safe, academic year.

Sincerely,

Craig

Director, BFA in Cinematic Arts at Indiana University, The Media School

Tenure Track

IU Bloomington Media Arts & Production

The director will serve as the administrative head of the BFA in Cinematic Arts
degree at Indiana University’s Media School, with oversight of its curriculum
and strategic direction. This new curriculum at Indiana University is focused
on industry-preparedness and artistic expression, with courses that are
technically oriented but grounded in the concepts and theory of filmmaking. The
successful candidate will be bold and transparent and will provide leadership
for a diverse academic program currently in its second year.

The ideal candidate will be a visionary and inspiring leader who is committed
to guiding the existing program through its earliest semesters to top film
school status while crafting an inclusive, innovative, and unique vision for
the future of the cinematic arts program. We are seeking a candidate who is
skilled in directing change with a varied group of people representing diverse
areas of study, and who is perceptive in developing the academic and creative
potential of faculty, staff, and students.

In addition to the curricular leadership and strategic vision, this person will
be the primary faculty contact for alumni, donors, prospective students, and
University and non-University entities wishing to coordinate with the Media
School’s Cinema Production initiatives. This also includes participating at the
school’s alumni events and working with the alumni relations office on
scholarships and donations.

The director will also oversee, schedule and facilitate programs for the Media
School’s Cinema Academy, the entity which produces the School’s Cinema-related
pre-college programs, masterclass speaker series (Expert Workshops), annual
student film festival, and advise the Student Cinema Guild.

Additional responsibilities of the BFA Director include:

  *   Facilitating ongoing communication to solicit faculty input in program
decisions.
  *   Coordinating with school administrators on shared resources for a
complementary degree, the BA in Media Concentration: Film, Television, and
Digital Production developing, with faculty, program curricula and other
educational programs and activities.
  *   Guiding the program faculty/department to ensure that the highest
curriculum-related standards are met; this included regular competitive
analysis with similar programs across the nation.
  *   Working with the Director of Undergraduate Studies to coordinate faculty
members’ teaching responsibilities.
  *   Working with the Director of Undergraduate Studies to recruit and
supervise adjunct faculty.
  *   Mentoring program-related faculty and supporting their professional
development.
  *   Collaborating with technical staff and program faculty to ensure
equipment, technology and facilities remain current and support the academic
program.
  *   Assisting with recruitment of students.
  *   Collaborating with Media School Academic Advisors in advising students.
  *   Teaching courses every semester within the program’s curriculum.
  *   Engaging in original and innovative creative activity and/or research.

Craig Erpelding

Interim Director, BFA in Cinematic Arts

Senior Lecturer

The Media School