I agree with Pip about the use of the adjective "analogue".

However, when I try to explain what I'm doing, or I teach in classes
or workshops with young people, I find myself to use the word
"analogue" too, also because other people I'm working with use it, or
because who's presenting the class I'm going to teach uses it. And I
also have the need to use a common code to make things easier to be
understood, at least at the beginning.

But I always immediately state that that word is not correct, and I
would use the word "silvery" instead (translated here from Italian
"argentico").

To tell the truth neither "silvery" completely satisfies me: film is
film, "a narrow transparent ribbon of any length you please, uniformly
perforated with small holes along its edges so that it may be handily
transported by sprocket wheels. At one time, it was sensitive to
light." (Hollis Frampton, "A lecture"). Is color film silvery? It uses
silver to form colors, but then silver is then completely removed.
Film can be "silvery" or can be painted with something else, or even
with nothing. But the use of the word "silver" is surely suggestive:
"oh, is it really silver, like granny cutlery?".

The use of the word "celluloid" can be another even if not perfect solution.

But, again, I feel the need to be understood in all this digital
pervasiveness, so pardon me if, sometime, I use the word "analogue"
myself.

Best, Livio