Why not tell us your name, location, and the name of the school?

FraneWorks doesn't feel like much of a community anymore. Or maybe I'll just never get used to Internet anonymity, fine on some sex advice board but to me not right for a place like this.

To be contrary, I'd suggest Christopher Maclaine's /The End/ and /The Man Who Invented Gold/. They are very great films, in my view but not in everyone's, with great soundtracks that do not meet your criteria, but they are not "strictly intellectual" either -- far from it. Made with minimal means, they might seem amateurish to someone who hated them.

Then there's my favorite Bruce Baillie sound track, the one for /Tung/. But check into what i mean before renting the film.

Fred Camper, Chicago