Quoting Alexandr Krivulya <shur...@shurik.kiev.ua> (from Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:21:49 +0200):

Hi, emulation@ !

I'm trying to start Linux version of Zoom client [1] on my FreeBSD (latest head) and I have two questions:

1. Why I need to copy all libraries from Zoom binary folder to /compat/linux/lib64 because they are not found when application starts.

Libraries (no matter if for FreeBSD or Linux) are searched in fixed locations (if they are linked into a binary the normal way). You can add other locations either globally by adding it to the ldconfig path (for linux it is a different setting than for FreeBSD binaries), or you can set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to add the new location per program.

For FreeBSD see "man ldconfig" (for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, will be picked up by linux and FreeBSD, so don't set it globally but only for specific programs) and "man rc.conf" (for ldconfig_* variables which denote the global search path for FreeBSD).

For Linux I don't find the right global variable right now. We used to have one.

2. After all shared libraries are copied application starts and crashed with following error:

Assertion 'pthread_mutex_unlock(&m->mutex) == 0' failed at pulsecore/mutex-posix.c:108, function pa_mutex_unlock(). Aborting.

Unfortunately this doesn't give enough info about what's wrong. Someone would have to investigate with ktrace and/or DTrace.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF