On 10/26/06, Peter Jeremy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There are over 200 other ports that have Firefox listed as a
dependency.  Firefox 2.0 is presumably a major upgrade compared to
Firefox 1.5 and it's highly likely that the upgrade would adversely
impact at least one of those other ports - necessitating more last
minute fixes.

From what I see it's minor, 1.5 broke much more things, but
portmgr/gnome are not yet fully recovered from the gnome
update. As I see it, we'd better let eager users learn to install
new Firefox from ports.