On 1/13/07, Robert Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrew Pantyukhin writes:

>  I'm not sure if there's a policy already, but it seems
>  we have discussed this before.
>
>  Can we limit /usr/ports (the whole ports collection) to
>  English language and ASCII characters? This restriction
>  should probably apply to all text data (with possible
>  exception for patches).

I don't follow this issue (much), so could you explain what's
broken about the /status quo/?

It depends on what you mean by /status quo/, but in
short, when I look at COMMENT, pkg-descr, pkg-message,
comments in Makefile and other such text data, I
expect to see English language and ASCII characters.

There are ports that don't follow this expectation and
I'd like to change that.