On 3/24/07, Karel Miklav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm thinking about putting a larger distfile on my
server and I'd like to know how it will affect the
bandwidth.

How many downloads can be expected from automated
processes? Is there any statistics for port
popularity or something? Could somebody please
give me a number of downloads for his distfiles?

I'm thinking about setting up an automated on-demand
mirroring for BSD ports. Until that happens, I can
deal with some requests manually. Tell me more about
your distfile, if you want to.

As for stats, my hoster password-protects them, I'll
try to publish them though. You can get anywhere
from 0 downloads to 100-200 a day depending on many
things.