On 7/6/07, Eric Kingston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There is a bug in LZMA running on amd64.  LZMA, an archiver port,
segmentation faults on files > 1-5 GB in size.  I've tested this on three
different xeon dual multi-core processor servers.  In each case, lzma core
dumps in the exact same spot and the resulting file size for each is exactly
the same.  Files less than 1 GB seem to work ok.  LZMA seems to work on any
size file without a problem on the FreeBSD i386 platform.  When I spoke with
a friend of mine, he says that he compresses 160GB files daily without a
problem, on his i386 systems.

P.S.  Here is my machine info..

FreeBSD elrond.esreco.net 6.2-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p5 #0: Sun Jun
17 13:37:57 MDT 2007
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ELROND  amd64

Thanks for your report! To achieve the best/quickest
possible result, could you also:
1. Try a previous version
2. File your bug report with the 7zip project
3. Get a gdb backtrace out of the coredump

I'm sorry but I don't have time to do it all right
now. I will look into it at the first opportunity,
though.

Thanks!