On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:21:45AM -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> вівторок 22 квітень 2008 06:34 до, Andrew Pantyukhin Ви написали:
> > So I guess we'll have to stick to using lzma from ports for now.
>
> Well, we lived with bzip2 from ports for quite a while...
>
> The real problem with lzma right now is that lzmautils (already marked as
> incompatible with lzma) installs its own lzma executable, with incompatible
> command-line arguments :-(
>
> Maybe, instead of marking the ports as mutually incompatible, one of them
> could be modified to install executables under different names?..

We had a talk with naddy about it, but since there are people
using archivers/lzma with whatever syntax it has, in scripted
environments, I'm inclined not to surprise them very much. I
think a wrapper can be added to lzmautils for full
backwards-compatibility, I may look at it later.

Also, the lzmautils website claims it's of alpha-quality, so I'm
also hesitant to rely on it completely. At any rate, I think
having a reference implementation of lzma util in ports is a good
thing. OTOH, changing lzmautils' lzma to another name would
probably confuse gtar (I'm not sure though).