Albert Shih wrote:
Hi all

I want to thanks the dev of portupgrade. It save lots of my time and
work fine.
But I just think about our new computer with the lot of core, a standard
server have dual proc with quad-core that's mean 8 core availble.

In the next version of portupgrade, IMHO it's good idea to have option to make portupgrade working with many proc. Because what I known many ports
cannot by compile with «-j8» option. In that case when we make

        portupgrade --all -b

we have just one compilation. It's enough when we have 1 or 2 procs. But
now with 8 or more proc....

If portupgrade can calculate the depency and launch many ports build in
same time for non-depending ports it's can be wonderful.

But it's just a idea..... Maybe it's already in the roadmap ...

I'm sure it's a good idea. I'd use it too. But I have a very little free time with my current employment. So I can't implement it. Sorry.

If somebody could, I would take patches with pleasure.

--
Dixi.
Sem.