Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
I've got some problem with route entries that was created after ICMP redirect messages. They are never expired.

Our default gateway (it's a HP switch) send ICMP redirect messages if it see a short path to destination. It's makes it not so overloaded. But pathes sometime changed. There is no problem with Windows workstations, they are rebooted daily. But my FreeBSD boxes hold dinamic route entries forever.

I've looked through RFCs and Stevens' books and found no answer on what TTL for this entries.
Now I just add route flush as cron job. But may be there is another way?

This has been fixed in CVS in MAIN (rev. 1.52) and MFC'ed to RELENG_4 (rev. 1.37.2.5) and RELENG_5 (rev. 1.51.4.2) a couple of weeks ago:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/in_rmx.c

So either syncing to one of these branches or applying the relevant patch manually to your kernel sources ought to solve the problem.

   Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.escapebox.net