Warren Block wrote:

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, paul klatt wrote:

Could anyone please help me get my virtual desktop configured, I am having problems wheere the desktop is to large for the monitor . I have tried ctrl
alt + and htis has no effect. When I go into /stand/sysinstall configure
xfree86 server and than xfree86 graphical configuration ctrl alt + seems to be working in this part of the system. I woold appreciate the help in getting
my system configured

[ Unless it is really 1999 where you are, please set your system clock to the correct date. ]

Please post your xorg.conf file and details on your video card and monitor.

since he is talking about xfree86 and sysinstall --> configure ---> xfree86 I take it that he isn't running Xorg .....

What FreeBSD release you are running, it must be prior to 5.3, you might want to upgrade to 5.3 which uses by default Xorg where there isn't realy a need to config the X server manually ( unless you got two monitors or you just want the best of the best ). Although I have been told xfree86 can configure itself to, but how to I'm not sure. I used the commandline option to config Xfree ( sysinstall -- > configure ---> xfree86 --> xfconf , it was I believe ).

Good luck

--
Frank Staals