Kiffin Gish wrote:

I've played around with Anjuta and Code::Blocks and was wondering what
is the preferred open source C/C++ IDE available for advanced users.

Pros and cons etc. would be greatly appreciated.

What would be the best IDE can I nor anybody else on this list tell you, it's a matter of taste. Anyway: I think anjuta is a realy nice IDE, it has a lot of features and it runs pretty fast, so that would be my tip. You can also try Eclipse + CDT plugin, which also seems to be a great developement tool, I haven't used the CDT plugin, but I'm using eclipse for java and it works realy great, allthough Eclipse does require a fast computer.

Good luck finding an IDE which YOU like,

--
-Frank Staals