Przemysław Szczygielski wrote:

Hello,

I am setting up a wiereless network at home, using D-Link DWL-G520+ and
ndis wrapper (project Evil) on FreeBSD machine. It works great with
default FreeBSD 6.0 installation - no problems here, but I have to
compile IPSEC into kernel to get proper encryption. Unfortunately, new
kernel doesn't have ndis.ko and if_ndis.ko in /boot/kernel directory
(and old modules don't work with new kernel).

Yesterday I emailed Project Evil author and he claims ndis.ko and
if_ndis.ko should be rebuilt automatically by:

Would it kill you do just do a regular kernel build?

# cd /sys/i386/conf
# config MYKERNEL
# cd /sys/i386/compile/MYKERNEL
# make
# make install

Notice how all the kernel modules get compiled for you, including ndis.ko and
if_ndis.ko. If you'd really read and understood that article, you would have
realized that you don't need to rebuild them for each driver anymore. You
just need to convert the .sys and .inf files with ndisgen. That's it.

Well - they don't get built (at least for me). Is anyone able to tell me how to
get these? (note: ndisgen generates only card driver, NOT ndis.ko and
if_ndis.ko!, also the old way won't work!)

TIA,

Przemek

You can most probably just copy the files back from /boot/kernel.old/ ( or run locate ndis.ko to see where they can be find ) that should work

Good luck,

--
-Frank Staals