Quoting Andreas Widerøe Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > Quoting Andreas Widerøe Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no
> > debugging
> > > symbols found)...
> > > Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
> > > 0x2810b1e8 in writev () from /usr/lib/libc.so.4
> > > (gdb)
> >
> > And there's your problem.  Some library did not link to libc
properly.  Do
> > backtrace and a step, it will tell you which module is failing.
> >
> > I've had numerous problems like this in the past (mostly with mod_php
> > though),
> > recompiling the modules that gave errors sorted them out.
> >
> > I doubt this is a mod_ssl issue.
>

> Thanks. How do I find out which module is creating these problems? and
can I
> just recompile? I mean, what if it's a system module...

As I said,  use a backtrace

gdb httpd httpd.core
run -X -DSSL
bt
step

It should show you right up to the very line of code in the module that is
causing the crash...

This is what I get now:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x283d1d61 in bn_mul_add_words () from /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.4
#1  0x8 in ?? ()
Error accessing memory address 0x55b7d3a2: Bad address.
(gdb) step
Single stepping until exit from function bn_mul_add_words,
which has no line number information.

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb) bt
No stack.

Best regards,