Quoting Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
i just brought home new samsung 22" widescreen LCD. so far, i cannot get xorg
to take anything other than standard CRT type resolutions, such as 1280x1024.
<snip>
the first part, seems to be the normal video modes that i would expect to see
from an i810 graphics card, but then right below that, i see video modes that
would be preferred on my new monitor (1680x1050) in a section
called "Supported Future Video Modes".  does this mean there is a chance i
might see proper resolutions for my new monitor, without upgrading to some
other video card?

my computer has a 915G:

(II) I810(0): Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) 915G
(--) I810(0): Chipset: "915G"

Last I was aware, the i810 was totally dependent on the adapter's video BIOS for determining and setting modes. The sysutils/915resolution port might be able to help you, but when I was experimenting with it I didn't try any widescreen modes.

I do think (again, no references) that work on the i810 driver is ongoing, but I don't know any details or ETA's for anything.

JN