2006/8/31, Skylar Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Michal Mertl wrote:
> No! Kernel threads (e.g. handling interrupts) aren't that much different
> to normal processes.
>
> Logical CPUs on a single HTT capable CPU share most of the CPU logic,
> especially all the external stuff (handling interrupts). Scheduling
> handling of interrupts on the "secondary/logical" core  wouldn't
> probably help performance at all (if that is at all possible).

Could you clarify note 20031022 in /usr/src/UPDATING? It states that HTT
CPUs are used for interrupts if they are detected, even if they aren't
used by regular processes. Was this something that just showed up in
pre-6.x releases?

--
-- Skylar Thompson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/

Another question that's wondering me is why FreeBSD with the SMP kernel
the gnome system monitor (Applications->System Tools->System Monitor) only
shows one CPU when Linux with a SMP kernel shows two CPUs

--
http://jordilin.wordpress.com