Ted Johnson wrote:
> Robert Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ted Johnson writes:
>
>>  "BSD and FreeBSD: You should go to the /etc directory and edit
>>  the /etc/daily, /etc/weekly, and /etc/monthly scripts and change the
>>  'rotate()' script function to change the log permissions on
>>  rotation."
>
>  "find -x / -name daily" should give you the answer.
>
> Yeah, I tried that. It didn't work. Files must be referencing something else,
> by different name. Any other ideas?

They don't exist by default any more, but if you *create*
/etc/{daily,weekly,monthly}.local, then they will get run as part of the
appropriate periodic tasks.  See:

     /etc/periodic/daily/999.local
     /etc/periodic/weekly/999.local
     /etc/periodic/monthly/999.local

     grep _local /etc/defaults/periodic.conf

However, why wouldn't you just setup /etc/newsyslog.conf to rotate your
logfiles?  Much simpler and cleaner.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Flat 3