I am an absolute FreeBSD Newbie and I decided to give it a try over a
lazy weekend - mainly because I don't want to throw away my old PIII
box. I picked up FreeBSD 5.4 which was all I got and I am dual booting
it with RHEL4.3. My box is rather old ... P3 733 Mhz with 256 megs of
[EMAIL PROTECTED], and I installed FreeBSD on the first 6.5 Gigs of my
Seagate harddrive ... connected to the Primary master IDE interface.

If you can wade through this gibberish, please help.

Cheers,
Andy

Some updates:

Following this I did a fresh install using the FreeBSD6.1 CD1. Xorg
installed is 6.9.0.
I did not run xorgconfig or anything. There was no /etc/X11/xorg.conf
either. From the command-line I ran "xdm" and the GUI started ... I
could login ... and then that's about it.

1. The Mouse still does not work ... may be I should try MouseSystems protocol.

2. What should I do about GNOME / KDE etc. I am not aching to get a
jazzy a GUI on my FreeBSD installation. I can make do with a very
minimal one. But I want a minimal one at least now, I just have to get
this running or I can't sleep.

Cheers,
Andy