On 10/10/06, Desmond Coughlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  > uninstall cyrus and install dovecot from the ports tree. its small,
> lightweight, and fast.
>
> are you trying to install stuff without using the ports tree?

  Yeah. I used to do Solaris admin (Jesus, you'd never know it...), and
usually prefer installing software the ./configure --> make && make install
route.  Especially since a ports install doesn't tell you anything about
where the software is put....

  D.

use the whereis command to know where it is installed. FYI, a port install
will tell you where the apps was installed after finishing.