Hello,

Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
He can't, DBD::Oracle uses oci underneath so he needs the Oracle client to get the shared libraries. Mike you also need to compile or install a linux perl and then install DBI & DBD::Oracle
   with the linux perl.  You could use DBD::Proxy instead of installing
DBD::Oracle.  It installed
with DBI. Type 'perldoc DBD::Proxy' to see the docs. If you need help, you can email me or join the [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Not fully correct - when I wanted to use DBD::Oracle, I did not need to install linux-perl - just instantclient (linux compatibility enabled) as Martinko mentioned. And it worked. And DBD::Oracle has been used with native perl.

Martin