[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Two quick questions I should know the answer to, but don't.
>
> * When installing the PHP5 port, will it automatically disable and/or
> uninstall the PHP4 that's already installed, or should I uninstall the
> latter manually beforehand?

Manually uninstall php4 first.

> * My server runs portaudit (a helpful addition from the last guy who did
> some work on it), but a simple "make install" on the PHP5 port spits back
> a security error. What's the flag to make install around that?

setenv DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes
(in bourne shells)

Then be sure to select the suhosin patch from the menu, as it plugs the
current exploit.

--
Bill Moran

The presence of stale files in this directory can cause the
dreaded unpredictable results, and therefore it is highly
recommended that you delete them.