On 10/16/06, Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 10:41:32PM +0200, albi wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:37:44 +0000 (UTC)
> justin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I`ve got a problem with squirrelmail
> > when i try to reach it through my browser i get the index.php
> > with the following message:
> --cut --
> > // Are we configured yet?
> > if( ! file_exists ( 'config/config.php' ) ) {
> -- cut --
> > So my questions is why the squirrelmail interface isnt executeted.
>
> did you run ./configure in /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/ ?
>
> and do you have in apache's config the following ?
>
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

        I've been saving these instructions for weeks and just installed
        squirrelmail.   I tested it with

        http://www.thought.org/squirrelmail/  and by pointing at the
        src/configtest.php.  I get a 404 return.  I have added your mods
        intp my  httpd.conf; I  have stopped and restarted apache; I have
        run ./configure.  Still nothing.  Any clues?

        gary

you apache build doesn't have that module installed so even if you put it
there explicitly, you will still see the codes instead of the actual page,
you have to recompile apache with php support.

HTH