Marc G. Fournier wrote:
I've got a directory on ServerA that I would like to keep sync'd on ServerB ... to date, I've been using rsync for this, but what I hate with that is that it has to scan the whole directory on both servers to compare, putting a good load on each of them ...

Is there anything out there that ppl are using successfully that just looks at ServerA, and dumps across those files that have changed since the last sync? ServerB will never have any changes made to it, other then what ServerA sends across ...

Rsync is about as good as it reasonably gets, short of putting everything explicitly under version control (ie, in SVN or CVS). If you do put the tree of stuff under VC, doing an update operation on ServerB will only need to fetch the deltas made since the last update, without doing a comparison of the unchanged files or placing much load on ServerA.

--
-Chuck