Derek Ragona wrote:
FreeBSD runs on most i386 based hardware as long as you have 64 MB ram or more. So you can recycle an old desktop PC to run FreeBSD and then have at it. Or buy a cheap new desktop or refurbished.

        -Derek

The problem with this approach is that it doesn't get you a static IP with proper rDNS and a host of other things...

I'd have interest in the answer to this question as well, as a jailed environment isn't quite what I want either.

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University