thanks Vince,

yeah - I have about 15 other user accounts specific to my mysql installation that were not in the /etc/passwd file. where were those stored?

Cheers,

Noah

Vince Hoffman wrote:
user accounts are held in /etc/passwd

the default UIDs created by ports are listed in
/usr/ports/UIDs
including mysql
mysql:*:88:88:MySQL Daemon:/var/db/mysql:/sbin/nologin
you can either re-add it using pw or just paste the line in using vipw

Vince

Noah wrote:
the user accounts are gone.  where does that information reside?  I dont
know how else to say or ask that question.

Cheers,

Noah

Björn König wrote:
Noah schrieb:
Hi there,

I just upgraded to 6.2 and now I do not see my mysql privileges.  is
there an easy way to get them back in place.  I thought they would
magically appear in the /var/db/mysql directory and stuff.

Is there an easy way to recover these accounts or do I need to readd
them manually??
What privileges do you mean? Privileges for accessing the database or
/var/db/mysql? What do you expect? What happens? More input (and
output) please.

Björn