Paulette McGee wrote:
--- Johannes Ambrose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to install an application (vmware tools)
and I get as far as:

Setup is unable to find the "lsmod" program on your
machine. Please make
sure
it is installed. Do you want to specify the location
of this program by
hand?

It seems there is no lsmod, modprobe, or any other
related tools. How
can I install these?
Regards,

Johannes

Hello Johannes,
There is no lsmod, modprobe et al; however there are
similar tools like: kldstat, kldload, etc.  Here is
some additional information that might prove useful.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/01/13/FreeBSD_Basics.html

Regards,
Paulette McGee

Which begs the question *why* he's having this problem ... <?>

Johannes, are you installing via the ports tree, or trying to install "from scratch"?

Kevin Kinsey
--
If I knew what brand [of whiskey] he drinks,
I would send a barrel or so to my other generals.