White Hat wrote:
FreeBSD-6.2
xfce-4.4.0

I posted this on the xfce4 list; however, they thought it might be a FreeBSD
problem.

Scenario:

Right click on desktop
Click <Multimedia>
Click <mplayer>

This error message is displayed:

[ws] Shared Memory Extensions Error

I can start mplayer from a terminal window, but not directly on the xfce4 desktop,
> now will gmplayer work either. The same error message is displayed.

I am hoping someone has a useful suggestion.

What is your mplayer/gmplayer version? `pkg_info | grep mplayer` will probably tell you.

Is the underlying menu entry the same command that you run in the terminal?

Kevin Kinsey

--
SPAGMUMPS:
        Any of the millions of Styrofoam wads that accompany mail-order items.