Maybe somebody knows this one: is there a game or educational
        app that will popup a small frame with a question and space for
        answer? Say: "What is the capitol of Kansas? or What is the cube
        root of 8?

        The questions and answers could be in a textfile:

        #Q                                      #A
        What is the capitol of Kansas?          Topeka
        What is the cube root of 8?             2

        I'm thinking of something very simple that could be expanded
        over time.  Linux has something that's pretty near what I'm
        aiming for, but it breaks--I'm obviously missing some libraries.
        After looking for four days I thought I'd ask here.

        thanks for any clues,

        gary

        PS:  I could probably knock something out in a half hour using
        /bin/sh but I'd rather have something more graphic and flexible.