> > The command should be
> > # ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/mysql
>
> Thanks for the correction.  This is actually what gets run when mysql is
> installed via ports.

With that, I went ahead and chowned the dir back to mysql, ran the command
successfully, but it still didn't work. Now I'm wondering if maybe it's a
permissions problem. As I mentioned earlier, I chowned everything to
mysql:mysql because of an earlier permissions problem. Should I chown that
whole dir ( /usr/local/lib/mysql )? Or something else?
TIA,
Drew