On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:13:35 +0100, Benjamin Sobotta wrote:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 00:07:09 -0800
> Von: David Benfell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> An: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> CC:
> Betreff: .wavs play but not .mp3s
>
> > I'm not having any trouble playing .wav files; lame -h
> > seems to happily convert them, and mpg123 and madplay
> > don't complain when I ask them to play .mp3s, but I'm
> > also not hearing any sound.
> >
> > So, why is this such a problem?
> >

> I'm not sure about this, but sometimes the volume of the different output
> devices is just maladjusted. You may want to check the output of "mixer" to
> see if any relevant devices are zero.

Hi Benjamin,

earth% mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer rec      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer igain    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer ogain    is currently set to  50:50
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer video    is currently set to  75:75
Recording source: mic

And like I say, .wav files play fine.  Why
would these settings affect mp3s and not wavs?

Thanks!
--
David Benfell, LCP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]