[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In case you haven't noticed I am a total FreeBSD n00b ;). How can I solve this error message? Thanks in advance!:

Error message
login: NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the AMD CPU and OS kernel
NVRM: kernel upgrade recommended.

Unless I am misunderstanding, you can't. See http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52388 messages #4 and #6. Changes are required to the FreeBSD kernel as well as to the NVidia driver. http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2006-June/016995.html

I have no idea what effect this has on 3D acceleration of any kind; I only use the driver because the nv driver available when I got the card locked up. Newer Nvidia drivers do as well (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73644)

For reference, with a GT6600 and an older nvidia driver I get ~4700fps. I neither know nor care whether that is good or not; I can run X which is all I care about. I use Windows for games.

hth,

--Alex