I'm really glad the FreeBSD team brought freebsd-update(8) in the base system. Now I can do my security patches with much less hassle. But i have one question about this great tool.

When do I have to reboot?

I know that most of the time you just restart a daemon and your finished. But with the security patches I'm not sure when it is a kernel module or just a daemon that I updated, so even if it is a daemon I don't know which one to restart.

I cannot find any information on the web about this. So can anyone tell me how I can figure out if I have to reboot my machine.

Thanks in advance,
Guido Demmenie
http://www.rottnic.nl