From: "Jean-Paul Natola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking to retire my PIII freebsd box for something a little more of age-
> being that I'm at a non-profit I do not have the largest of budgets-
>
> On that note I have never used and AMD before for a server so I was looking
> at this box
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=17
> 40107&CatId=1206
>
> it seems pretty good in terms of hardware-cpu speed/ram/raid etc..
>
> and for approx 600 bucks I cant really complain- I'm womdnering if there if
> there are any compatibility issues I need to watch out for , here are the
> specs;
>
>       Form Factor    2U Rackmounted
>       Processor Class    Athlon64
>       Processor Number    3500+
>       Processor Speed    2.20GHz
>       Processor Interface    Socket AM2
>       Processors Supported    1
>       Additional Technologies    HyperTransport
>       Memory Type    DDR2
>       Total Memory    1 GB
>       Memory Speed    DDR2 667 (PC2-5400)
>       Compatible RAID Levels    0+1 0,1,5
>       Number Of Hard Drives    2
>       Hard Drive Size    160 GB
>       Hard Drive Interface    SATA-II
>       Spindle Speed (RPM)    7200
>       Buffer Memory    8 MB
>       Optical Drive Type    52x CD-ROM
>       Communications Description    Integrated LAN
>       Data Transfer Rate    10 Mbps   100 Mbps 1000 Mbps

I'm not familliar with that specific board, but this will get you started:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/hardware.html

I think you're biggest concern is the RAID card.  Make sure that's ok.  What
kind of network card is onboard?  That would be another thing to verify.

Good luck,
Bob