Hello to all.

I'm not sure whether to have posted this here or on a VMware list; apologies if
I'm in
the wrong place.

The other day, I did a fresh install of v. 7RC2 from the minimal CD on a CentOS
5.1 box
running VMware server 1.0.4.  I had previously successfully installed v. 6.2,
and
upgraded to 6.3 on the same box.  All has gone well, except for the
installation of
VMware Tools.  Getting the Tools tarball and extracting the requisite files was
trivial.
 However, when I try to run Vmware-Config-Tools.pl, I get a message saying that
the
program must be run on a virtual machine.  Well, it is.  Is there a needed FBSD
package
I'm missing (the Tools install program doesn't complain about it).  A known
issue, or
bug,  maybe?  Or is VMware support not yet enabled?  Help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.