What you have available in the e-mail realm when you are
on the Comcast network:

For e-mail CLIENTS you may retrieve mail via the standard
IMAP or POP3 ports from a remote non-comcast mailserver.

For e-mail CLIENTS you may send mail through a remote
non-comcast mailserver using the submission port 587 and
authenticated SMTP.

For e-mail SERVERS you can use fetchmail to pretend the
server is a mail client, then redistribute the mail
internally.  However you cannot use sendmail to send
out outgoing mail to port 25 on remote mailservers - unless
it's to the comcast mailserver.

  Comcast's residential
TOS prohibits servers and they enforce this by blocking incoming
traffic going to SMTP, IMAP and POP3 ports.

Ted