The real reason that Chrome is important is because due to Microsoft
enticement and pressure, a growing number of people are implementing
websites that require active X controls which won't run on anything
other than Windows.  We are seeing a lot of this in embedded stuff
but it's starting to contaminate public websites and most importantly,
general software.

Just by virtue of it coming from Google, a lot of end users and
consumers out there will download, install and run Chrome.  As a result
web designers will have less incentive to jump to active X.  That
is very important.

Ted