Unga wrote:

In my past experience, the GNU ncurses and Flex (http://flex.sourceforge.net/)
are simple not compatible with FreeBSD even though Flex is licensed under BSD.
I wanted to know whether the GNU cmp is also the same fate other than the
license because all these GNU tools comes in one package, Diffutils.

Both simply are compatible with FreeBSD.

I was wondering why FreeBSD wrote their own version of cmp. If it just the license, then that's fine. I prefer the BSD versions of diff, etc. when available.

You are asking the wrong questions: why did GNU write their own version of cmp? FreeBSD's dates to 1987.

Kris