Some question, inspired by my mainframe time...

Is there a port that allows FreeBSD to be equipped with some kind
of status line when using the shell on a text mode console? With
"status line" I mean some automagically updating text line that
informs about... date, time, terminal, actual system load, number
of users logged in or another status, for example like this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/src/bla% _

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:ttyv2 (3)          .:I  <= =>    2008-11-30 07:02:15

For example, the status line sits in line 25, line 24 contains
a barrier, and the shell runs on lines 1 - 23.

Is there anything comparable? Or do I have to write my own? :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0