On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:53:52 -0600, "Steven Susbauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If using a release, can he not use freebsd-update to keep current on
> fixes rather than rebuilding everything? On a slow system, the more
> binary the better.

Of course he can, I mean, that's what freebsd-update is intended for.
At least, it's very useful if you want to follow the RELEASE path
and only install the various security patches, so you don't have
7-STABLE, but, for example, 7.1-RELEASE-p5. This is a situation
you will usually find on servers.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany