On Saturday 08 November 2008 13:55, Jerry wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:28:00 -0700
>
> Chad Perrin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >. . . or, as someone else pointed out, one could just learn to scroll
> >to the end before typing.  It's not that difficult -- even in Outlook.
>
> <CTRL><END> works like a charm also. It is amazing what people will
> bitch at. The same people who will spend days attempting to get a video
> card fully functional will find placing the cursor at the end of an
> email message too daunting of a task.

The best response to the issue of Outlook and top-posting I've seen recently
was on the London Perlmongers mailing list - although I should warn that some
may find this offensive.

<space to protect the sensitive>
<potentially offensive response>

"The last I checked, cursor keys worked in Outlook just fine without any
third-party hacks, so there is no reason for top-posting just because the
cursor happens to be there. It's a bit like crapping in your pants because
that's where your arse happens to be." -- Peter Corlett, london.pm

Jonathan