Hi all

I have built FreeBSD 7.0 with openpam (ver. 20071221) on (i386).

Now I cannot login through the console, it gives following error message:
login: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_self.so found
login: pam_start(): system error

But I can login remotely using ssh. In both cases I tried only root account.

After ssh into the system, when I try to login as another user, it gives
following error on the console:
su -l test

su: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_rootok.so found
su: pam_start: system error

All my pam modules reside in /usr/lib/ and the version number of pam modules
match the version number of the libpam (/usr/lib/libpam.so.2). Eg.
pam_self.so.2 and pam_rootok.so.2 are available in /usr/lib/.

My first question is, is suffix 2 in this case, the Module Version number?

Second question, what do you guys think, why pam cannot find pam modules?

Kind regards
Unga