----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan McKeown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:59 AM
Subject: Release schedules

I've been biting my tongue about this because I'm not sure that I can offer
any help or useful suggestions, but here goes...

What on earth is going on with release scheduling?

On november 3, Ken Smith wrote:
"The second Release Candidate for FreeBSD 6.4 is now available.  FreeBSD
6.4-RC2 should be the last of the public test builds for the FreeBSD 6.4
release cycle.  Unless a big show-stopper is found from this round of
testing we should begin the 6.4-RELEASE builds in about a week and a
half.  We encourage you to test out 6.4-RC2 and report any problems by
submitting PRs or via email to the freebsd-stable list."

Accoording to this Releaese engineering is making the 6.4-RELEASE at this very moment.
After finishing this release I think they will turn to the 7.1-RELEASE.

Jack