On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 03:16:40AM -0800, Unga wrote:
> --- On Thu, 11/13/08, Jeremy Chadwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > How about asking the GNU GRUB folks if GRUB 0.97 supports
> > UFS2?
> >
> It seems some old version of GRUB on a old version of FreeBSD has worked:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2004-May/006944.html
>
> > Also, GRUB is up to 1.96, and does work with amd64.  The
> > port is
> > horribly outdated.
> >
> I don't mind try GRUB 1.96. The problem is I have never used GRUB2 and I have
> no idea how to configure it. Is there a good notes/documentation on how to
> use  GRUB2? What I need basically is where to put files (eg. stage1, stage2
> and *_stage1_5 of GRUB1 in /boot/grub/.) and a sample configuration file.
> Anyway meanwhile I'll try to find some documentation.
>
> > ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/
> >
> I got my file from above location.

I think these kinds of questions should probably go to the GNU GRUB
folks though, don't you think?  I don't mean to sound like I'm stepping
on your efforts, but the sysutils/grub port has very little to it
(meaning, issues/problems of this type should very likely be issues with
GRUB itself and not with the port or FreeBSD).

It would be really cool if since you're working on getting GRUB2
working, you could make a port for it, e.g. sysutils/grub2.  :-)