Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

  * Having five gazillion posts that say "me too", is not exactly a
    productive answer to a problem.  Alas, this is often what you get
    when you gather hundreds of _very_ inexperienced people and you hand
    them a web interface to freely post short, often unintelligible
    snippets that are more suitable for Twitter than a FAQ page.

There's a Thanks button feature in vBulletin that can be enabled to
help catch the 'me too' type postings.

I've been posting to forums with the mozex Firefox extension and GNU
Emacs for more than a couple of years now.  Here's how a typical ``post
to a forum'' session looks like for me now:

  http://flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/2961070181/

Oh, wow. That's perfect. Or it would be if it was compatible with firefox-3.0.4 ...
        Cheers

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW