On Friday 14 November 2008 14:32, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a OT question and maybe some of the FreeBSD server admins here
> can help me out.
[snip]
> Having nss_ldap and pam_ldap installed on every single FreeBSD
> server/box which is capable of being accessed I found in etc/ldap.conf
> the tags 'pam_filter' and  'pam_check_host_attr'. Setting latter to
> 'yes' implies having the 'host' attribute in each user's object located
> in OpenLDAP's DIT for the specific domain. But objectClass=account seems
> to conflict with objectClass=organizationalPeople which is a must in our
> configuration, so the host attribute is not of any further investigation.

Did you not like the answer I gave you in April when you asked essentially the
same question?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2008-April/174152.html

For posterity (again) the extensibleObject auxiliary objectClass was
introduced for precisely this reason - so that you could add any attribute
the server knows about to an existing object which otherwise couldn't hold
it.