On Nov 23, 2008 8:38pm, Michael Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The version of gtk you have installed is too old. Upgrade to the latest
version of x11-toolkits/gtk2

Michael

Thanks again. Last night I upgraded GTK 2.<something> using portupgrade and that was the last package the gimp was complaining about. gimp completed the install last night just fine. I was confused about what was the right package because the gimp install was saying that the gtk+ package wasn't present, but the only thing listed as gtk+ was a theme management package when doing a pkg_info.

I'm hoping for some clarification on something. Is GTK+ a subset of GTK 2.x? Are they one in the same? If so, why are they known by two different names if they are the same thing?

Andy